When Plans Come Together

As I referred to in the match reaction for DC United's Open Cup win last night, I'm really looking forward to the potential combination between Martinez and Guerrero on the left flank. From the locker room after the game, this Martinez quote seems to indicate that things are progressing nicely in that particular direction. Time to chomp my cigar and go into Hannibal-mode . . .


(DC United defender Gonzalo Martinez--post-game comments)
On the chemistry with Iván Guerrero:
I think we played well together, he’s an experienced player, he’s a national team player, so we talked about it in the locker room before going out, so it wasn’t very difficult to know whether he went up and I stayed, or he stayed. It was pretty easy.


I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment