- MLS Rookie Class - Edu, Christman, and Harrington stand out so far, but several rookies are adapting quickly to life in MLS and making the 2007 Draft seem a bit stronger than many had originally supposed.
- TFC Fans - Didn't they look and sound fantastic? The seat cushion barrage was a bit NHL, but major props to the Toronto fans regardless. Will they turn BMO into a fortress?
- Real Madrid v. Espanyol - Terrific match, probably one of the best I've seen this year. Check out the highlights. I'm no Real fan, but that was a terrific fight back.
- Blades Relegated - The Steel City Derby is back on in the Championship next year as Sheffield United are bent over and punished by struggling Wigan in United's own house. Ouch!
- Silviu Petrescu - Speaking of ouch! The TFC-Chicago match was a debacle. First he lets the Dichio v. Pickens scrum get out of control, patiently waiting to step in until things got ugly. But how in the hell does he eject Gutierrez while Pickens (the instigator) gets nothing? Several times Petrescu was on the verge of losing complete control of this match. Are MLS refs ready for big stages where emotions run high? Short answer: no!
- Danny Dichio - Nice Mike Tyson move. Pickens is no angel here, but biting - seriously? Enjoy your few weeks off.
- Justin Mapp - Where the hell did he go after a promising start? He should have been torching that miserable backline all day. Forget invisibility cloaks, Mapp has already figured out how to disappear on the pitch.