USA Recap + Copa Dope - We're #12!

Well, that pretty much defines "not with a bang, but a whimper". After a simply awful first half, the US dominates the second but can't find a finish and is lucky to escape being sliced open on the counter. I suppose throwing out the "C" team for this match could have made that first half predictable, but it was still a bit disappointing to say the least to see them fall for the third time and claim the dubious distinction as the last-place finisher in the tournament.

I pretty much agree with Goff on what we've learned this summer about the national team, but I'll do a more extensive wrap up here on the Fullback Files after I get back into town. If I can manage the time and internet access while away, I'll put up a couple of posts, but don't expect too much more until Sunday night or Monday morning at the latest.

After the absolute beating Houston handed out to Red Bull last night, I have to say that things look fairly bleak for United this weekend, but I'll keep hope alive. At least we'll have a chance if we can defend set pieces. Fingers crossed that Perkins stands on his head again and that Benny and Bobby are fit to play after returning from the Copa.

No comments:

Post a Comment