Apples? Meet Oranges.

Is this really the Galaxy's official team blog? Perhaps I'm so far out of the loop that I'm in orbit around it, but that site seems a bit . . . uh . . . half-assed. Nothing against the mighty Blogger mothership--in fact, I'm fully invested with my Google Overlords here on FBF, but shouldn't the "official team blog" be something more than a default-theme blogspot site?

I mean, I'm just a guy hanging out in the woods who occasionally has something to say about soccer--I'm not the mouthpiece of a supposedly professional sports franchise. And I've got no problems using Blogger to power a site. In fact, some folks do that pretty damn well.

So what's the deal? Are the Gal's so cash-strapped that they can't afford to spring for their own hosting? A little bit of site-design work? A domain name? Maybe they should be taking notes from the competition. I wouldn't be at all fazed to see this coming out of the Wiz or Hard Hats, but the Galaxy? The home of the Beckham Media Circus? In a city full of enterprising New Media types? And take a look at that profile splashed proudly across the sidebar . . .

"With a roster that features stars like David Beckham, Landon Donovan, Carlos Ruiz and more under the eye of head coach Ruud Gullit, the Galaxy will look to return to the pinnacle of MLS in 2008"

Ouch! Hide the children, the Grammar Police are about to start knocking down doors. And will someone kindly inform the "Official Blog of Major League Soccer's Most Popular Club" that there have been some personnel changes?

Un-freakin'-believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment