Of course, the front office would have to be insane not to realize this, so why do I bring it up?
Defenders may be at a major premium next year. Consider . . .
- Parkhurst departing for the Scandanavian Defender Mines
- Marshall shopping for lederhosen
- United's aforementioned issues
- Chicago potentially looking at Soumare bolting for Europe and Conde gone walkabout
- Davino departing Dallas
- Parke perhaps entertaining visions of Euro-plums
- Seattle needing to construct an entirely new back line
One thing I do know: if I were a Yank defender currently toiling in the Scandanavian Defender Mines and looking for a move stateside, this would be a prime year to cash in.