To the list!
1. Josh Wicks, GK - trade bait?
2. Troy Perkins, GK
3. (I) Julius James, D
4. Lawson Vaughn, D
5. Marc Burch, D
6. (I) Dejan Jakovic, D
7. Bryan Namoff, D - nursing the noggin
8. Devon McTavish, D/M
9. (I) Floribert N'Galula, D/M - how much are we paying him? this year's African washout?
10. Rodney Wallace, D/M - don't forget, he counts against the cap now
11. (I) Cristian Castillo, M
12. Danny Szetela, M
13. Clyde Simms, M
14. (I) Tiyiselani Shipalane, M/F - can't see both he and Boyzzz making the cut
15. (I) Christian Gomez, M/F - probably gone, but included until departure confirmed
16. Chris Pontius, M/F
17. Santino Quaranta, M/F
18. (I) Thabiso Khumalo, M/F - see Shipalane, Tiyiselani
19. Jaime Moreno, F
20. (I) Danny Allsopp, F - Oi! Oi! Oi! or oy vey?
1. (GA) Bill Hamid, GK
2. (I) Milos Kocic, GK - under contract, but for Dev Dollars again?
3. John DiRaimondo, M
4. Brandon Barklage, M - fully recovered?
5. Jordan Graye, D - we took a local kid so he could live at home on Dev Dollars, right?
1. (I?) Lyle Adams, D - I'm assuming he'll want a senior spot, given last year. Also, he grew up in Florida, but does he have citizenship/green card?
2. Otto Loewy, D/M - don't know much save that he's really athletic, but has been on the shelf with injury; international status?
3. Daniel Wasson, M - washed out abroad, has MLS experience, eligible for Dev Dollars (25 or younger at start of season)
4. (I?) Two-Boys Gumede, M/F - an international if he won't settle for Dev Dollars; what fills first, our Boyzzz quotient or our South African one?
GA = Generation Adidas
I = requires international roster spot, maximum of 8 internationals on senior roster, internationals on developmental roster don't count against that total [UPDATE: Scratch that! The MLS Rules & Regulations page seems to have changed. We're back to 8 internationals allowed on the total roster. Imagine that...]
Considering the fact that we're still shopping abroad, we've got a lot of internationals either on board, on the bubble, or trying to break in. Has that extra international spot reverted to its orginal owner yet or are we stuck with the league-mandated 8?
The common thread that the FO seems to be plucking at is physical tools. It looks like we're going to be faster and a bit stronger/tougher this year, if nothing else, and that's a good thing. But...I have to refer back to Kevin Payne's style-mandate from the fall. Doesn't this seem like the type of roster-building you'd be doing if you're looking to play some high-tempo, direct counterattacking Brit-ball? So what was all that bluster about pretty possession attacking flair?
I'm keeping a running tally that I'll be using to fuel the Roster Reset posts over at the Facebook fan-site. If you have any comments/additions/info/etc. you can either leave them here or under the "notes" tab over there.