1. Houston Dynamo (+1) - A win and a draw in solid, if not spectacular performances. They may not be playing as well as they could, but they're not losing, unlike...
2. DC United (-1) - Maybe there's a little homer bias here, but United are a quality side who should start clicking once the new pieces are settled in and they cut out the turnovers in the defensive third.
3. FC Dallas - Three games on the road is tough to start and Dallas scrapped for a draw and a win before two days rest and a torrential downpour saw the wheels fall off in New York.
4. Chivas USA - A home win and a road loss in which they looked threatening. Still not enough to boost them over Dallas (yet!).
5. KC Wizards - A win in RFK is impressive and EJ looks confident, but was it more a reflection on a speed mismatch between the KC frontline and the DC backs? Next week will tell more.
6. NE Revolution - Demolished TFC after a tough loss in Chicago. Dorman looks ready to shine. Can it continue?
7. Red Bull NY (+1) - A draw and a win, but those against the Crew and a tired Dallas in the Swamp. The possible addition of Angel could be make or break depending on where his head is at.
8. Chicago Fire (+1) - A win and a draw, but offense seems a bit suspect. Will Blanco really help?
9. LA Galaxy (-2) - A draw and a loss, but drop in ranking has more to do with RBNY and the Fire than what the Gals have shown so far. They create chances but can't seem to finish them consistently. Becks should bang in some of those free kick chances they create, but they really need a consistent goal machine. Findley to start?
10. Colorado Rapids - A win and a draw at their new digs after a couple of decent performances, but how will they travel?
11. Columbus Crew (+1) - Two draws are a decent start and they are creating chances. Can they finally finish a few?
12. Real Salt Lake (+1) - Two draws, but both at home. Rimando looks really suspect in goal. What happens when Ellinger takes this show on the road?
13. Toronto FC (-2) - Two multiple-goal road losses. Will a retreat to the Great White North help? Probably more helpful would be some defensive quality.